- This event has passed.
CA Must Keep Control of Its Clean Energy Goals – Take Action!
August 30 @ 8:00 am - August 31 @ 5:00 pm
There are those in the state, like the Governor, who think having California join a regional electricity grid with coal states, that would be overseen and controlled by Trump’s FERC (Federal Energy Resource Commission), is a good thing. 350 Bay Area is opposed to this. AB 813 sets up the process for California doing this and it has moved close to a getting a vote on the Senate floor. It is now in the Senate Rules Committee but could be brought out and onto the Senate floor for a vote at any time between now and Aug. 31st So it is very important for you to call your State Senator. Those in the Bay Area are listed here:
Scott Wiener in SF, Bob Wiecowski in Fremont area, Nancy Skinner in Oakland, Berkeley area, Jerry Hill in Silicon Valley, Steve Glazer in Contra Costa County, Bill Dodd in Napa, Solano Counties, Jim Beall in San Jose area and Mike McGuire in Marin, Sonoma Counties. If you are not sure who your Senator is you can put in your address here and find out: http://findyourrep.legislature.ca.gov/
- Be polite.
- Note that you are a constituent. The staffer may ask for your zip code or address.
- When you call, you will speak with a staff member from the representative’s office (or, after office hours, leave a message).
- The staff is usually instructed to simply verify you are a constituent and record your position (opposition to AB 813). Thus it is best to give a simple statement. One of the two statements below will work.
- Please oppose AB 813. It would turn over control of California’s electrical grid to out-of-state interests and the federal government.
- Please oppose AB 813. The proposed expansion of electricity grid to a regional one beyond what is happening will emphasize costly transmission lines out of state and make local clean energy less of a priority, likely undermining California’s clean energy goals.